Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First day of school!

Yesterday was my first offical day as a college student, and I didn't even get lost.YAY! I got up bright and early and went to my first 8:00am class. It's my athletic training class, so I'm actually movitivated to go to class that early. Then at nine I go to Math 125 which is the exact same course I took in highschool. THEN.. at ten I to go my communications class which will be fun.. its just all speeches which I don't really mind believe it or not. Then lunch then ENGLISH... not only do I not like english/reading my professer has THE strongest African accent I've ever heard and I can barley understand him. YIKES for my grade :/ looks like I'll be asking ALOT of questions.

So.. for the good part of my day. After I got a breather I sat at my desk and checked my email to see if a certain guy had emailed me and no he hadn't. This guy is the head athletic trainer here at BSU and well I must branch off into another story....

While working at the Frog this summer I met TONS of people but luckily I met the right guy. Tom Greene (no not the actor) Well Tom and I became good buds and I'd sit and talk with him everytime he came in. Well Tom found out I was going to Ball State for athletic trainging and said he knew the head athletic trainer there. I was like oh that's cool ya know.. but he said he would write me a letter and let him know about me. I read the letter and WOW it was really nice! So later I get an email from Tom saying he talked to him and he said that he would meet with me and give me the inside scoop and guide me through things.

....(back to the original story)... so I'm awaiting this email and it isn't there. Tom gave me his phone number but I was a little timid to call. Then I remembered a long speech I got before I left that one of my friends gave to me... about how you only get what you take and if you don't be a go getter you won't get. I mean what's the worst he could say..NO.. then I'd move on with my life sooo anyways this is what was going through my head so I finally worked up some courage and called. Boy am I glad I did! Tom agreed to meet with me that day. I had one more Lab to go to then I called him up and went on down to the football staduim.

I wasn't nervous at all but I wasn't quite sure what I was going to be doing either. He sat me down and said you ready for practice... I was like sure. I pretty much shadowed him while at football practice which was awesome because I love watching football. I helped him with whatever he did. While we were doing that he talked to me the whole time about where the best way to go with my career is in SOOO many different ways. He also has a physical therapy bussiness. He said he'll get me shadowing all different positions so I find out what I like. I also got to watch after practice treatments and met a few football players. Later I saw the football players on campus and they all stopped and talked to me. It felt like I was apart of something agian and I LOVE IT!

Neal also said he would get me in there working with the athletes doing more of what I did in highschool instead of just observing. The thing about that is that freshman are ONLY suppose to observe. I got in a good spot right now and am sooo thankful. Neal is one of the nicest people I've met and really easy to talk to. He said if I need anything at all let him know... if I'm struggling in a class he'll find me a tutor, if I'm looking for a good church I could go with his family. He also has 7 kids and asked if I babysat and I got really excited cuz I love little kids and babysitting (right Lindsay and Darcy (: ).

That was my day in a nutshell and it probably couldn't have gotten any better otherwise I might have exploded! HA. Well i'm off to another day of class yes CLASS only have ONE. YAY!! psychology.

2 comments:

Linz said...

Sounds like an amazing day! I'm so glad you went with your gut and got a hold of that guy!! HOw stinkin' awesome is that?!! I bet they'll just fall in love with ya and have you do everything and you'll be a pro at training after your frosh year...wouldn't that be sweet?! So glad it went well with classes too! Love ya babe!

darcy said...

Um, put me as a reference because Adie loves you!!!

And YEAH for connecting with him!! I have a feeling you'll get to do some cool things with that. =)

And why do they pick the peeps with the WORST English to teach English? I had that at Purdue too. =/