Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Room

I know I've been at school for quit some time now but my room finally has all its pieces. My parents came down today with my desk to top everything off and it is by far the coolest desk ever... but we'll get to that. Here is my bed... I debated on colors forever and I was planning on doing black and maroon but I feel in love with this quilt and couldn't say no. So I splurged a little and bought it.



I love my closet as well. It is pretty nice sized and it keeps me organizedtwo racks for clothes

I got this lovely dresser for free from a lady who lives right next to the Frog. She was going to throw it away and instead I gave the pieces to my dear old Dad and he fixed it right up for me. There was a leg missing and the wood pieces didn't really match but he took care of that. He made it a nice shiny black for me and slapped the leg right back on there.
As for the best part. I told my Dad at the beginning of the summer that I wanted him to build me a desk that would be perfect for me. We went through many ideas and many designs. Finally Dad brought home a picture similar to what you see below. He made a few modifications to accommodate what I wanted and WA LA we have a desk.

Its my book shelf and my desk all in one. Now I have a perfect place to blog and do homework :/ But it makes homework a bit more tolerable than having to go the library or sit on the floor. The sign above my desk my Dad didn't make. I got that nice little piece from Shipshewanna but it matches perfectly.

Thanks Dad. You did a great job! I'm sure I'll come up with something else for you to build!

No comments: