Initial Injury
This summer when working at The Frog we had like 100 bikers come in one day and we were all busting out butts to make sure everyone was waited on plus our normal customers. It was fun running around and doing all this plus I made good money that day. So I usually work outside on the patio and there are three steps to walk up to get inside. I am running up those steps to get inside quickly and yes, as graceful as I am I tripped. When I did this I threw my arm around (like I was throwing a baseball) to catch myself. While I'm doing this I throw my shoulder out of socket or so I think because it went right back in. The rest of the day and days after my shoulder continues to bother me.
When I decided to do something about it...
Down here at school I have a cheerleading coaching job. I also donate plasma for a little extra money. Why not just sit there with a needle in my arm for 45mins while doing homework and get paid for it. So I went there to try and donate again and they told me I needed to get a physical again because you have to get one ever six months or something like that. I am there getting my physical and they ask me about my surgeries and I tell them I don't think my shoulder is better. BIG MISTAKE! Little did I know I can't donate because I need my own plamsa to help heal my bum shoulder even if I don't know its torn. SO... I have to get a doctors release to donate.
This is where Neal the Athletic Trainer comes in. I called him up and we talked and just from talking he said it sounds like the surgical route will be the best option. :( Not something I want to hear first thing in the morning. So I'm thinking maybe I'm just being a baby or paranoid and my shoulder isn't really torn... or this is what I was praying for. Neal played with my shoulder just knowing from my description that it wasn't going to look good anyway. As he was assessing me his facial expressions didn't look too promising.
He's pretty sure that it is torn again and he said it was really weak and pinching in my shoulder and that it wasn't fully recovered from last time. He recommened some really good doctors and said that if I was going to get a third surgery that my best bet is to go to a really really good doctor... and Neal has good connections so I trust him. He said that since I've already had two surgeries that the third may be a bit tougher or at least the MRI would be a little harder to do. Neal also said that he would work with me on rehab if surgery was necessary. Not only is he the head athletic trainer but he is a Physical theorpists and has his own physical theory clinic.
This is where Neal the Athletic Trainer comes in. I called him up and we talked and just from talking he said it sounds like the surgical route will be the best option. :( Not something I want to hear first thing in the morning. So I'm thinking maybe I'm just being a baby or paranoid and my shoulder isn't really torn... or this is what I was praying for. Neal played with my shoulder just knowing from my description that it wasn't going to look good anyway. As he was assessing me his facial expressions didn't look too promising.
He's pretty sure that it is torn again and he said it was really weak and pinching in my shoulder and that it wasn't fully recovered from last time. He recommened some really good doctors and said that if I was going to get a third surgery that my best bet is to go to a really really good doctor... and Neal has good connections so I trust him. He said that since I've already had two surgeries that the third may be a bit tougher or at least the MRI would be a little harder to do. Neal also said that he would work with me on rehab if surgery was necessary. Not only is he the head athletic trainer but he is a Physical theorpists and has his own physical theory clinic.
I'm glad Neal is there to give me an honest and good opinion but I wish none of this was going on right now. I just feel like I have no time for this crap between coaching cheerleading and harder classes that I need to become a nurse it just frusterates me! Does this mean I can't coach and am I going to miss out on class stuff?
Neal did make a good point in saying that I am young so its good to get it done now otherwise my shoulder will be popping in and out the rest of my life and will only give me more trouble later in life. You'd think after two surgeries though... UGH!
Neal is going to make a few phone calls for me and I will hear back at the beginning of next week because this week is crazy because of our first football game! Go CARDS! I will keep you all updated! Hopefully with better news!
1 comment:
Glad you're back in the blogging loop!!...even though you still sound crazy busy! I just was able to catch up on your past few posts:) And great to see your beautiful face last weekend! Have a good rest of the week! LOVE YA!
Post a Comment