Well, I've been studying since 3:00PM today and I've taken a few small breaks to get away from microbiology and get my mind off of it. Blogging will be my third break! I took a 20min nap at 6:00 then an hour break at 9:00 to watch Desperate Housewives (couldn't miss it) and now 12:51AM blogging.
My test is tomorrow morning at 10:00AM so I have been studying all day because I want to get a good grade on the test and class so I can one day become a nurse! But they make it so stinkin hard! You'd think since there is a shortage of nurses they wouldn't be so cruel when it comes to the stuff you are never gonna use again!!? But whatever...
Well on to other news.. My parents came down this weekend for parents weekend and it was fun I'm glad they came. I went and introduced them to Neal Hazen my boss and mentor guy kinda he's the Head Athletic trainer I've talked about him in previous posts. Then we went and toured the nursing building and it was really interesting. I got to see what I will be working with once I get into the program. They have these dummies that are pretty much real people. This one dummy can sweat, throw up, you can drawl blood from him, and they even talk back which is really cool. Then we went to Greek's pizza because my parents have never had it and its the best pizza place in my book. Then we went to the football game to watch Ball State lose yet again! GO CARDS! we go from undefeated to defeated! It was a pretty sucessful day.
That evening after my parents left I had a date. I was surprised to get asked out on a date because I thought all guys here were shallow and cheap. Maybe there is hope after all! I got a new outfit to so I was excited to wear it! I also got my hair chopped off you can kind of see in the picture!
I also have a job working for Neal. I mainly do insurance work for all the athletes and get to be in the football stadium all day... can't complain about that right! I'm pretty much Neals right hand woman TRYING to keep in organized. He's one of the most unorganized people I have ever met but it keeps me busy that's for sure. Neal is also doing my therapy for me. I went to the doctor for my shoulder and we are going to try six weeks of therapy to strengthen it and see if that works. Pray that it does!! Basically I get paid to do therapy! :)
As for my cheerleading job... I quit! It was the first thing in my life that I ever really quit and I felt really bad about it but I had to. The job was so stressful and I felt like it was affecting my school work. There was alot of conflict with the athletic director and I guess I didn't realize or was never told there was alot of extra stuff that went along with it and I don't have time to plan fundraisers and events and all that. I loved my girls and they were all sad I was leaving which made it hard but right now only being 19 years old I'm not ready to be a head coach of something and try to get through nursing stuff at the same time. I decided to put my future first and everyone was very understanding.
This weekend is my fall break and I will be coming home on Wednesday! I'm really excited to get away and do nothing! I need a nice relaxing weekend!
Well wish me luck on my test :/ I've got to get back to studying!
No comments:
Post a Comment