A few days ago Ball State/Pi Sigma Epsilon (which I recently joined) hosted the largest sales career fair in the nation. So, it was kind of a big deal. Well, I wasn't all that thrilled with my choices of companies to intern with. After talking to companies like Whirlpool, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Hershey, and some student led internships I was more discouraged than anything. Nothing seemed like a good fit for me or anything that I was interested in or could get excited about.
The next day I was pretty discouraged and did a lot of processing and praying about what if I'm in the wrong major, am I really going to get what I want even if I try really hard to get it, is this what God wants me to do with my life... things like that.
About a month ago I wrote down a list of names of people I knew in different companies that could possibly help me get a good internship or people that said they would help me look. I came up with about 12 people. I had tried to contact a few of them but things just weren't falling into place like I would have liked. I continued down my list and contacted Luke Matz via facebook. Over the summer we talked a little about sales and he said when I came to the point of needing an internship he told me to talk to him about it, so I did. We had been emailing back and forth and I was telling him some of the things I was looking for and yesterday I get an email saying, "I can help." What I am going to be doing is co-traveling with Luke and visiting doctors and working at their branch in South Bend one day. He does dental equipment sales. This internship is something much more of what I was leaning towards. I was sooo excited to read that message from him. It works out perfect because I can still take summer classes first summer session. Which I have to take Marketing 300 before I can get credit for an internship anyways. Then I will be on track to graduate July 2012.
Things are really falling into place and I couldn't be happier. It just shows how good God is when I was feeling like giving up he was there.
1 comment:
That's so awesome!! YAY!! You need to tell us all about it!
Post a Comment