Sunday, June 22, 2008

Catch up

So I'm thinking since I haven't blogged in a long time that I should catch everyone up on what's going on. Well let's see here... Its been a rough couple weeks so this blog may be a little depressing to fore-warn you.


It all started a couple of weeks ago... One of my best guys friends, I found out, had passed away due to a car crash. He was a great guy and only 19 years old and it just doesn't seem fair to me. He was just so young and had so much life to live. Thanks to Brock and Lindsay it was alot easier to get through. Josh "Rodie" was a fun guy who actually the first time I met him was on a blind date and it didn't quite work out but we ended up being best friends for the next serveral years. We did alot together and he always made me laugh, we even had our own little secret hand shake. Josh never took things to seriously and really knew how to have fun and was always a complete gentleman!! Anytime we went anywhere there Rodie was opening the door for me and was so polite. We had so many fun memories and I will never forget him. For the first week during his death.. anytime I would think about him I would cry but now when I think about him I just smile and think about all the good times. This picture was taken when Linsday and Brock took us to Honi Jori's (donno if i spelled that right) for our birthday's since we were both December babies. Rest in Peace Rodie!



As we move on... I had freshman orientation at Ball State later that week. Oh my talk about a great time. Kate (my roommate) and I got to room together and oh we have a blast. I went downt to Carmel a day early and stayed with her to get my mind off of things and met all her friends. We had alot of fun playing soccer in the park and getting in a fountain. Then we were off to BSU! It was a little strange at first.. I felt like a I was at a camp or something but oh well. We made a good group of friends and even though there wasn't much to do Kate and I made fun out of what we had... the room we stayed in was SO plain and we felt like we were in a prison cell but as you can see we made the most of it.

Kate and I sat in our closet for probably and hour just taking pictures and just talking. The closet seem big now when we can both fit in them but I know once we get our stuff in there we will be wishing for bigger ones.


These chairs were the weirdest chairs ever. They were like rocking chairs but were squared off on the bottom so it was a bumpy ride. Needless to say we had fun with them tried to see who could rock the longest without falling off.. well me being accident prone I didn't win.


During my Ball State orientation there was a kid sitting three rows down from me that had a Lake Wawasee shirt on I was like hey thats my lake! haha... not really but whatever.. Kate comes up to me and says hey Jeni this is Sean he has a house on Lake Wawasee he's in my group and he's really cool. It was so ironic Kate made friends with him and then Sean and I became friends he lives 15 mins from Kate and also like 5 mins from me kinda crazy. He comes up to Syracuse every weekend so that was kind of funny. I acutally just got done hanging out with him today which is big impovement from how I have been....

After my BSU trip I brought my parents home a huge Greek's pizza which is amazing to say the least and I went to work. The next day I was really irritated and thought my pain I was having would go away and I found out at 3:00 a.m. that it wasn't going away and I was freaking out and had a mini anxiety attack. My parents took me to the ER where i waited and waited and waited. I got asked so many ridiculous questions yet was in so much pain around 8:00 I got treated and found out it was a really bad urinary tract infection. I've never been in so much pain and I've had my fair share of pain. They gave me meds and sent me on my way. They medicine made me not want to eat and I was also taking stuff for the pain. So not eating and taking my meds made me REALLY sick! I stayed on my couch for literally six days.. today was day seven and I got up and got out and am feeling alot better. The only way I made it through the week was with a wonderful mother who did everything for me and an awesome God to whom I prayed ALOT to. He helped me get through some really painful episodes.

After all of this I still wonder why things happen the way they do. So much stuff seemed to be going wrong with our family and with me that it made me wonder about God... Why would he do stuff like this and put people through things like that. I mean we look at other people's lives and they don't seem to be following the right ways and they seem to have everything handed to them, and yet we are trying to please God and be faithful to him and it seems like we are being punished for it. I know God sends trials our way but it just still doesn't make sense to me. Yes we may get our rewards after death but what if all these "trials" turn us from God because we get to mad at him feeling like he's not there....

3 comments:

Linz said...

I always loved that picture of you two:) 2 Beautiful people! and those were great times! Looks like a lot of fun @ BSU! And so glad you're feeling better! See you soon my dear!

darcy said...

You need a call from Darcy...

and maybe an Adie fix... she'll call you puppy when you come over!

Niki said...

Hey lady....just an FYI I had to make my blog private so if you ever look at it just e-mail me and I will put your name on the approved "list" (It sounds so official ;)) ngeurkink@gmail.com

Thanks :) Hope you're having a good summer!