Monday, January 19, 2009

A new Semester

I have officially had my first full week of my new NURSING semester. I am starting to get into classes that involve my major so I actually feel like I'm learning something that I will use. I still have yet to take history though.. YIKES! I was kind of dreading chemistry but now that I am in the class I actually like chemistry! It's hard but I like working on my home work in that class something about it just makes me feel smart ha. All my other classes are going well too. I have a community health sciences class where my prof. is very monotone and its a night class yay.. NOT! I am taking sociology which isn't bad it's very interesting but once again monotone prof. but I have that class with three of the girls I'm living with next year so we can all compare notes. I am also taking aerobics! Yes, my favorite class. I haven't worked out much but my instructor is hilarious!! and she loves me. We stayed after class talking for awhile she's in her 60's and has a Manhattan accent. Needless to say it's always fun in that class b/c she's crazy! And last but not least I'm taking a religion and culture class which is.. well.. interesting. We are talking about all these weird sorts of religions and our professor is really nice and teaches the classes with no opinions but it's still hard because there are those people in our class who are very opinionated about their religions and try to argue. Ugh.. it's annoying!

On a lighter note after my week was over I went out with some friends and ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a year, Cassie Tucker! She came to visit some people at Ball State and luckily I ran into her. This picture was taken right after I tackled her. We sat and chatted for a good hour just talking about great memories. Cass and I cheer together in middle school and all through high school. She was a year older than me. When we were in track we would carpool home and we loved it when my mom would pick us up because we had one of those big vans were you could lay the back seat down... and Cassie and I would lay it all the way down and sit at the very edge. When we got to stop signs we would make my mom take off as fast as she could and we would fly to the back of the van! We would be in so much pain but be laughing hysterically at the same time. Some of my dumbest but most fun things I have done with Cassie. It was a nice little trip down memory lane!

No comments: