Friday, January 2, 2009

Zumba Zumba! & Dog Sitting

Over break I picked up a new hobby I guess you could say... ZUMBA! Steve's sister asked me to go with her. Zumba is this dance aerobic work out class thingy. It is made up of cumbia, salsa, samba and meringue. I was a little nervous going into it but it turned out to be really fun.

At school I probably worked out a total of 3 times. There are a few reason for that. 1. I was enjoying just relaxing. 2. I wasn't gaining any weight so there was no need to work out 3. After I did work out I was ready to do things like gymnastics things and I knew I couldn't so it was kind of depressing.

Zumba is the cure for that. I love going and it's all dancing for an hour. You never stop so it's a great cardio and also works many other things. There were people of ALL ages there and on Friday's it's co-ed which I couldn't really see a guy doing this kind of class without him losing his masculinity... but they did it.

************
Tonight I was dog sitting little Wriggly (Darcy's Dog) and well I was planning on staying the night there. Wriggly and I played and had a great time but I was getting tired so I decided it was bedtime at about 9:00 (I know college students are suppose to stay up later **not this one** I like my sleep). I go put him in his cage in the basement and cover it with the sheet. I popped in Gilmore Girls to watch and put myself to bed. Laying there I kept hearing noises. I heard car doors, a train, a police car, then a tap on the window (no that was my imagination). I calm myself down and try to stop making stuff up in my head. Then I hear this single THUMP! I just ignore it thinking it was something that didn't matter. I hear it again but it kind of sounds like it is outside so I ignore it again. There it is again and again and AGAIN!? Okay, I'm starting to worry. I turn all sounds off in the room and just listen. I hear something walking around in the living room. I tell myself (it's just your imagination It's JUST UR IMAGINATION!) Okay I'm totally scared so I call my Dad. I'm whispering as I'm talkin to my Dad because I don't want this killer that is in Darcy and Darin's house to hear me. I'm telling my Dad that I'm coming home but I'm too scared to open the door to the bedroom cuz the "guy" is out there. So I grab my keys and put it between my fingers in case I need to punch this guy (Hey, I'm just a little one) I'm standing my the door and I'm waiting for someone to turn the door knob cuz whoever was there was right by the door. My heart is pounding a million times a second (I didn't even need to go to Zumba for that Cardio after all). All of the sudden I hear someone sniffing at the door. I'm thinking why would this person be sniffing? Oh, Jeni's and idiot! It was Wriggly! I open the door and there he is just a wagging his tail. When I put his in his cage I guess I forgot to lock it. Keeping my Dad on the phone I put him back in his cage and MADE SURE that I locked it this time and then I headed the heck home. I didn't feel like being awake all night worrying about scary things. I have a wild imagination. So when I get home I had a feeling my Dad would be outside to scare me cuz he would do something like that so I walk to my door very cautiously looking around carefully. Nothing. Dad was sitting on the couch for the soul reason that Mom wouldn't let him scare me. Thanks Mom.
Well I can tell you right now... I'm NEVER living alone! :)

2 comments:

Dina said...

If it makes you feel any better....I did the same thing when I stayed there watching the puppy. I did stay, I just turned my music up real loud. hahaha!

darcy said...

hahahahahahha!! Love reading this. =) That wrigley.. he likes to break out of things. =) So glad you had the Zumba classes to get your heartrate in the right zone. =)

Thanks again for watching him! Oh.. and when you dropped off the garage door opener I am SO sorry Darin didn't invite you in! I was on the couch crying because I have a horrible sinus infection and I was being a baby. =/ I wish we could have visited longer!!!