Thursday, January 21, 2010

Back to the Blog

I know it's been awhile since I've blogged and I'm sure I have lots to blog about I'm just not sure where to begin...

The Holidays

Christmas break was a really nice get away... I got away from school, studying, people, and frozen foods. My favorite part about the holidays is all the yummy food and of course visiting with my family and friends.

Here is our traditional family picture by the tree we have one every year, but this year it got a little bigger with Lindsey and CJ and of course my lovely sling.

I didn't do a whole lot over break but still had fun. I went to a colts game with a friend from school. Played some board games with Kaase, Maddie Miller, and Brad Granger and went out to lunch with Kindra and Jordy. And played rock band with my brother and sister-in-law and some of their friends.I went out with Kristen and some other girls on new years and we had a blast!
Then had the traditional new years dinner... beef fondu and my mom made a cheese one this year that was really delicious.

Other than that it was all family fun! :) By the end of break I was definitely ready to go back though. Which is a good thing... if I'm ready to go back that means I'm motivated to start classes again. The day I went back I think I called my mom at least 5 times to tell her little things so I don't know if I was 100% ready to go back.

Surgery

my surgery went really well. There weren't any complications and when I woke up I was ready to get the heck out of there. I even stayed awake the whole ride home and talk to my mom. I wasn't in any pain really. My surgeon did however, tell me that my labrum wasn't torn like we thought, which is a good thing, but he said that the ligaments that hold the labrum in place were really loose and this could have been from it not healing properly the last time OR my last surgeon didn't tighten them up... I gonna go with option #2.

The whole thing hasn't been too bad and only one week left and I get my lovely sling off... I'm gonna miss it just look at how good I look in it...
I know I know... I should be America's next top model!

New Semester

This semester is ALOT easier and less stressful than last semester. I am taking 12 credit hours and two of those 4 classes are online which is good for me. I like to work at my own pace. My favorite class is Nutrition. Ever since I got back to school I have been eating a lot healthier, not that I was a bad eater before. My class is really interesting to me because I enjoy learning about that stuff which is a good thing... easy A I'm thinking. I'm off to a really good start in all my classes! I'm shooting for all A's this semester we'll see how I do.

The two classes I do have on campus are in the evening so it's really nice. I don't get to sleep in though because I work but that's okay it motivates me to get out of bed and actually study when I have down time instead of sleeping my day away. But most all my roommates have 8am classes so they got to bed early now :( I'm not used to staying up late every let alone by myself... guess I'll adjust.

I promise to not wait so long before my next blog!

1 comment:

Linz said...

good to see u back on here! I realized that we only got to see your beautiful face one time over break:( NOt enough!! Let us know the next time you get back home! Anyways, so glad you have an easier semester ahead of you!! what a relief! Enjoy it! You'll love it when it gets nice outside too!! Have a great weekend babe! Darcy and I are going away for the night to a women's retreat:) The guys are home with the kiddos...oh boy!