Monday, September 20, 2010

Summer

Since I didn't blog all summer I figured I'd fill you in on some things that I did.

I work at the Frog A LOT!! This isn't a bad thing.. I was able to save enough money to pay for all my rent for a year plus have quite a bit extra money to live off of.. even though I still have a job down here at school.

I went to Zac Brown Band concert in Ft. Wayne and that was really fun with Laura and Tricia.
I also went to a James Otto concert with my roommate Taylor. Funny story about it... She originally told me it was a Kelli Pickler concert and we were both sooo excited then come to find out she didn't come and they put James Otto in instead. Taylor tells me this the day of which was fine I was going regardless to hang out with her. So her dad is driving all of us and Taylor also told me the concert was in Huntington... nope.. it was in Warren. So I'm thinking I'm going to a Kelli Pickler concert in Huntington and I get James Otto in Warren. Haha gotta love Taylor! We had a blast!
I got to play the cowbell with a band at the Frog, 40% Steve to Low Rider... and I was REALLY good at it! Thinking of starting my own band someday! I had pictures of me playing the cowbell but I don't have access to them... long story but I'm sure you can imagine.
Took a solo train ride to Chicago to stay with my friend Ben who just recently got a job in the big city.. we went to a Cubs game and got 2nd row seats to the right behind the dugout. Ben's building manager for his apartment just gave them to him.. kinda a steal! I don't really follow baseball all the much nor do I have a favorite team but it was really fun to go.
This was the view out of Ben's apartment. If I woke up to that every morning I think I would be so motivated to conquer the world. I've been to Chicago several times mainly to go shopping but Ben showed me all over Wrigleyville and other little "towns" and it was so amazing. I also got to see my first transvesdite and hopefully my last :/
Those are just a few big things I did this summer.. all in all I had a great summer!

No comments: