Monday, October 24, 2011

College is Taking Over

I know my blogs have been all writing and not a lot of pictures, but I haven't had a ton of time to take pictures. School has been stressing me out to the max! So I apologize for my lack of pictures.

For a bit that's going on in my life...

School is getting harder and I couldn't be more ready to get out. I'm ready for some change in my life and to be out on my own. I know everyone says 'don't wish away school, it's the best time of your life, you'll wish you could go back' to be honest. Having a job and getting paid for it will be a lot easier for me than studying (aka doing something that I hate) and being put in thousands of dollars of debt. I've always been a hard and good worker, I haven't always been a good student.

I have also joined a sales team. This has been a good experience for me so far. I've been in two competitions, one at IU and one at Ball State. I travel to Wisconsin in three weeks for another competition. We basically go in and role play with a buyer who we try to sell a product. We get the case like a week before and start preparing. Trying to prepare for sales team on top of school is a bit of a challenge but I manage to get it done.

The last two weeks were super stressful for me and I hardly got any sleep. Jeni with no sleep = a BIG grouch! I apologized to my roommates all week and plan to make them dinner one night
this week. HA! The end of my two weeks ended with a bit of an emotional break down. I ran into one my professors who I had skipped his class and he called out to me and said hey you doing okay and yup I broke down right in the middle of the business building. Ending up skipping my next class because I couldn't pull myself together. My professor was super helpful and ended up giving me and extension on some papers that were due in his class. Moral of the story is: If you don't do your homework just cry to buy a few days. Alright, not really.

Since everything had been so stressful I decided to venture on home for some good old family time. I was in the mood to make some food so my mom and I made an apple pie together and the next day I made home made pizza. Cooking just puts me in a good mood. As well as spending time with family. When I'm around my family I feel like everything is fine and my stress goes away. I got up and went to church with my parents on Sunday morning and then had family dinners are Grandma and Grandpa Dunithan's house Sunday night. I look forward to those dinners not only for the VERY YUMMY food but spending time
with my whole family. Going home was just he medicine I needed to be able to start up a new week.


I'll leave you with a family picture during family weekend.
And of course, Me and Grandpa cuddled up in his recliner!
Have a great week everyone!

No comments: