Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break 2009

I know its taken me awhile to update my blog but I was away on spring break for a week and this week I have four exams and one next week so I figure my blog wasn't on my top priority! Well now that I have two test down I figured a good blog break was needed.


My and four of my girls friends (Jess, Kate, Taylor, and Charissa) all the girls I will be living with next year took a road trip down to Panama City Beach in Kate's mom's minivan. I was a little nervous for the car ride because five girls in a small space for a long time just never seems like a good idea BUT it was... we all had alot of fun and no fighting! So we get there and our hotel was right on the ocean and there was alot of activity sponsored by the Navy(sorry Matt) right outside our hotel

So my vacation...

we met these five guys from ball state and we had to have a team of five guys and five girls to enter a tug of war tourney... we didn't win but made it to the second round.. it was fun!I went to a lil' Wayne concert and it was so much fun! we got pretty close... he only did like 5 songs though.
This was our pool... Pretty sweet huh!





This is one of those activities.. this is me womping Kate in the head! We had alot of fun.. there was also a huge blow up boxing ring that had like soap on the bottom so we slipped around while boxing... i had a hay day with that! Look at the picture.. no one wanted to mess with me haha
So whenever I met people and tried to take a picture with them they would always just pick me up. I probably have 15 different pictures of people picking me up.
My Dad and brother Ryan thought it would be funny to imitate me/make fun of me.. but it's a pretty hilarious picture I thought.

Day One of injuries... Kate my not to graceful roomate fell UP the stairs and gashed her knee open! Me being the firstaid/lifeguard/soon to be nurse that I am ran to walgreens to buy super expensive bandages and bandage her up. She probably should have had stiches but steri-strips will do.

Day two of injuries... Charissa was fighting on the jousting things in the picture above and some guy nocked her off and she got a HUGE looks like road rash on her thigh.

I was waiting for my turn but Jeni came up injury free! Yes, I was shocked myself.

What we would do is lay out on the beach all day and play volleyball and jump in the ocean (which was freezing) then at night we would get all dressed up and go out to dance! It was soooo much fun!

One of the last things we did that week was all go out to dinner. We pretty much didn't eat the whole time because non of us had money so we ate continental breakfast, ramen, mac and cheese and pop corn... how health right? So we splurged on our last night there.. we deserved it. We went to this place called Pineapple Willy's it was really good. In their shop you can see we had some fun trying on sun glasses. That night Jess and I decided to stay in and not go to any clubs that night and we had SO much fun. We stayed in our room on the 3rd floor.. and there were a group of guys on the first floor all playing beer pong and we took buckets of water and just dumped it on them... they were so mad but it was SO funny!

All in all we had a great week! I can't wait to do it again next year!

2 comments:

shiloh said...

I love Lil' Wayne! Looks like you had a wonderful time:) Glad you had no injuries and made it home safe!

Linz said...

I cannot believe you didn't get hurt yourself...I think it's a miracle! Looks like you had a blast! Made me reminise of my spring break days:) *sigh*....:)