Sunday, March 1, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I haven't blog in a while because I have been pretty sick with a cold. Not fun when I've got classes to go to and the only way to get there is to walk through the cold. I am sooooo tired of it being cold. In less than a week though I will be sitting on a warm beach in Panama City, FL! I can't wait! So this weekend I needed to go home to get my summer clothes and bathing suits.

When I got home my brother said that he was going to take me out to dinner and a movie and I was super excited for it b/c he told me I didn't have to pay or anything. I love it when my brother's are nice. I got to choose everything that night it was nice to be spoiled again. :) We went to dinner at the one and only Hacienda. I can't believe how many people don't know about Hacienda! It makes me sad that there isn't one close to me but it's just that much better when I come home. All these city folk are missing out on it. So after dinner we went to see the movie Taken. This movie was a great movie!! It definitely scared me though. It's about two girls around my age taking a euro trip and get kidnapped by these people who traffic women and the dad goes and looks for his daughter. It was a very intense movie and scared me because I'm going on a trip with my friends in a week and those kinds of thing scare me. But the movies was a good one for sure.

So on our way home from Goshen I was looking out the window and realized that the stars were out. The last time I saw the stars like that was last summer when I was at home. In Muncie there are no stars! Too many darn lights. I really miss seeing the stars! Another thing that I realized I'm not too fond of is traffic. I miss the country roads where there are no stop lights. In the country there is a million ways to get anywhere. Here there is only one way to get everywhere and I do not like that. I'm just a country girl stuck in a city.. but I'll survive!

Also when I was home I got to have breakfast with my best friend Krista and it was SO great to see her. We went to Wawasee Cafe at like 9 and didn't leave until noon. It was a good time. Krista and I can not talk for a bit and then pick right back up from where we left off. It's so great to still know that I have some old friends that still care :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, us city folk don't know how much we are missing out.. but i'm so excited for you to show me :)haha

Linz said...

I'm sad we didn't get to see u:( But I'm glad you had a great time with your brothers! I remember at Purdue the same thing...you don't see stars! Isn't it crazy how u miss the small things?! And of course not being able to drive on CR's! Those things drove me crazy too when I was at school and it made me home sick!

shiloh said...

I love that you love home so much...what a great family you have! Hannah is coming to visit us in Indy this weekend and I'm so excited:) Be safe and have fun in FL!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit the one thing that really surprised me in all of that was that you guys have a Hacienda, too! I honestly thought there was only one (in Kokomo where I'm from) and everytime I go home, I always eat there. It's soooo good! You guys also have an El Arrieros up in Warsaw, too, which is crazy because the only other one is in Kokomo, too. It's a small world!