Monday, April 20, 2009

Coming to an end

It's been awhile since I have blogged and honestly I don't know what to blog about.. my life hasn't been too excited these past few weeks, with the exceptions of my weekends but I'm waiting on pictures to blog about that silly me I left my camera at home.

The semester is coming to an end and I only have two weeks then three days of finals! This semester was easy for the most part... and as for my grades good all except one. Ut Oh! I feel like a failure but when your professor is ninety years old, wrote the book for the class, reads straight from power points in a three hour long class what do you expect? Definitely not for Jeni to pay any kind of attention.

Looking back on my first year of college....

Some things that I have learned

1. There aren't just two types of people in this world. Coming from a small town my world was the size of a peanut. I had been a few places and experienced quite a lot but haven't really met many people that were out of the ordinary. Well I learned quickly there are a lot strange people with many different beliefs. I had always heard about other beliefs or nonbeliefs but they seemed so surreal to me until I actually met or talked to people. For example, there is a girl who lives in my building that thinks she is a witch. She asked someone if they wanted her to put a hex on someone else... she was totally serious! talk about creepy!

2. Not everyone is like me. That kind of goes along with #1 but being in a small living area with people I've learned a lot about other people and how they work like what they say and what they really mean. I have learned a lot more about people after living in the dorms.

3. I hate loose hair. I grew up in a house with pretty much all boys except my mom and the only hair I really saw was my own. Kate and I have to clean our rug like every other day if we want it to be clean cuz our hair sheds so much and just sticks to the rug... we don't clean our rug very often to you can imagine the grossness

4. Sticky notes are my best friend. I make tons of lists and reminders on sticky notes without them I would forget what I was doing or be lost.

5. The value of a dollar. Things I could get for a dollar... $.89 cheeseburger at McDonalds. One load of laundry. 45 mins at a parking meter (which isn't long enough... $150 dollars worth of parking tickets later I learned my lesson). $.89 for a bag of popcorn... for awhile I would eat two bags a day! I cut back.

6. Who my real friends are from highschool. I keep in contact with a few people from highschool but not as many as I thought I would sad but I'm glad for the ones I have.

Friends that I have made...

Allie, Kate, Sara, Brianna, me and Kelly... These are the 5th floor girls that I have come to love! Kate and Kalyin are not in this picture but they belong there!
Jess, Kate, me, Charissa, and Taylor... the girls i will be living with next year :)
the two girls on the end are Chelsie and Franie... both super nice and fun
This guy behind me is Dave... oh Dave! Super HOT Dave! (not a great picture but oh well) lol SOO glad I met him... he's nice to look at but too bad he has a girlfriend. From my face you could tell he's a funny guy lol
Sara and Avery... they have been together for a really long time and they are two of my most favorite people ever!! I will miss them alot this summer!

That's just a few things to look back! Summer here I come :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent stuff as always, Ms. Jeni!