Eric, Kalyn, and I all decided to head over to the UP mall today and get a feel for talking to strangers and, if the oppertunity came up, to share Christ with them. All three of us have been on missions trips together and have learned alot through those, but sharing Chirst in places where we live and go on a daily basis was a bit of a struggle for me at least. I get in the mind set where I'm never going to see these people again because I live no where near them but that needs to change. We were all a little nervous going in not really knowing what God had in store for us. We decide to go eat at the food court and sit with someone who was sitting alone and keep them company, we sat and the lady left no more the 3 mins. later... needless to say I was getting a little discouraged but served in other ways: Kalyn and Eric shared their pizza and I shared my table with people looking for seats. Then we see Caleb Bislow, the guy who just got done speaking at our church for on fire rallies Sunday through Wednesday. He was the one who encouraged us to be Unusal Soldiers for Chirst and there he was. He came over and spoke with us and prayed for us as soon as he left we were filled with the urge to talk to people. Kalyn and Eric saw two different people sitting on benches and just sat right next to them and started talking, while I was on my way search for someone to befriend. After procrastinating big time I finally found a man sitting alone and worked up my courage to talk to him. We had a nice conversation first getting to know each other and then it evolved into religion... we had alot of the same views and it was encouraging to me to know that I could just walk up to someone and start a nice conversation. Although we didn't lead anyone to Christ today we got out there and pushed through our comfort zones. We learned alot through today and we are one step closer to being an Unsual Soldier. We also had alot of fun.. as you can see in the picture. I also realized today I am really lucky to have the friends that I have, who all want to share Christ. It's alot eaiser going at it with friends than it is going at it alone.
Unusal Soldiers. You might wonder what I'm talking about. During our On First Rallies at NMC Caleb pushed us to go to unusal places for God. Basically wherever and whenever God calls us to go thats where we need to go. That is what I want to be. Someone who will go anywhere for God, not just church events, sporting events, and other things I'm interested in.. but go out to places where I am really uncomfortable to share the news. For example last night Caleb went to a gay bar to share Jesus. Just really reaching out of my comfort zone and doing crazy things for Christ, that's where I want to be in my walk right now.
4 comments:
YOU ARE AWESOME!!
Welsome to bloggin' world!!!
Do you even know how proud of you am I? So much.. so much. =)
stumbled across your blog through dina's...and just really appreciated your honesty in this post. i just wanted to share that the more out of your comfort zone you are, the more you rely on Christ. i'm still learning that. keep stretching yourself. you are doing great things!
Way to push yourself girl! You are an inspiration!
Post a Comment