Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend at IU





My weekend was rather fun... so here's the scoop.








Got my party dress on and I'm going out. Okay not really. Friday was Steve's birthday and I look him out to dinner at Olive Garden. We had a really good time. I didn't take any pictures of the two of us.. silly me but I just got this new dress and I really wanted a good reason to wear it.














Saturday Kate and I took a drive to IU for Ball State vs. Indiana the trip was suppose to be a 2 1/2 hour trip... NO I got stuck in my first traffic jam. It took us for hours to get there. This small town girl couldn't handle that. My brother Ryan was at IU as well and it was fun to hang out with him and see him. We hooked him up with a Ball State T-Shirt we couldn't have him claiming he was an IU fan that just can't happen.




Ball State beat IU which was awesome, but one of our players got injured, Dante Love. Dante had actually asked me out on a date the week before that. I told him I wasn't single and he still persisted, he is quite halarious. Anywho, he was our star reciever but put his head down while getting tackled and had a spinal facture. After a five hour surgery he could move all his appendages... a miracle I'd say. He won't ever be able to play football again, or any contact sport for that matter. He's decided that he is going to take on baseball once he heals up. What a trooper.



The next morning we went to Denny's and boy oh boy I wore the wrong t-shirt. Just a black shirt that said ball state on it. Well I didn't think I was going to come out of there alive. We went to breakfast with one of the IU football players that we knew and alot of his teammates were there and they kept calling him a traiter. See if we welcome any of them if they come to BSU hah it was fun though. The fun had to come to an end though...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend... wished I could have been at the game...

BTW... you ROCKED that dress.

Niki said...

I agree,you rocked that dress sister :)I remember visiting other colleges back in the day and it was a blast!!