Athletic Training
As for the college side of the major... I would be putting in alot of hours and a AT major told me that as long as this is my major forget about getting a job cuz you won't have any time. I know I'm here to get a good education but what the AT majors do here during their hours they have to put in is basically be the water boys or girls haha and that's not what I want to be!
Photography
Taking pictures is one of my passions... I was talking to an art major and he said art majors are alot of work as well. I realize that as well because art doesn't just create itself. I've already done one set of senior pictures and my brother and his finance's engagement pictures. I have so much fun messing around with photos on photoshop. (you could ask my roomie I'm always doing something new on photoshop) I get frusterated ALOT with my art but I always end up loving it in the end. My friend Justin who is an art major said that it's so different in college and your learn so many new perspectives of everything. I love other forms of art too but photography is by far my favorite. If I was a self employed photographer, which is what I would do if I chose the photography route, I would be able to set my own hours. That is one thing that I love.
This may sound kind of weird.. but I think about my future alot and really I don't care what happens to me career wise, I mean I do and I don't. As long as I'm a Mom someday that's all that really matters. Photography would be great to work out of my home and still be home with my kids.
The thing about photography is that I feel like the demand of photographers is going down. Not that there is really a "demand" but since basically everything is going digital alot of people are starting to take their own photos instead of getting a professional.
*********************
This blog kind of helped me vent a little... but still a little stressed! Any advice would be appreicated! If you want to see examples of my art work it's in a previous blog in March I believe under "Artsie Fartsie." Athletic training sorry no examples.. you can ask my roomie I guess, I tape her ankles =)
There is a career counseling here that is free I'm thinking about looking into that.. who knows?
2 comments:
Photography is also a passion of mine, but I decided not to pursue it because even though you can set your own hours, if you want to make money, you'll want to do weddings, and that is everysingle saturday and usually sat nights.
It sounds like photography fits your future plans better. I have always thought it would be so helpful if I could hire someone to tutor me in photoshop, photo organizing, and how to use my digital camera properly and get better pics. What if you got your degree in photo. and then some day you could have your own business doing the things I mentioned. I wonder if there would be enough people wanting help to keep you busy. The plus is, you could set your own hours. After you have kids, your husband could watch the baby while you go out an hour or so in the evenings to help someone in their home.
Post a Comment